There’s more than just the purchase price to consider when making the decision between buying or renting a water heater. There could be additional costs in money, time and peace of mind. Here are just a few to consider:
- Installation Fees – included when you rent*
- Diagnostic Charges – included when you rent
- Parts and Labor Costs** – all included with your rental. It can cost as much as $697 to replace a gas valve if the tank is owned.
- Spent searching for a reputable contractor to install and repair/service the tank if owned.
Peace of Mind if you rent from Direct Energy
- SAME DAY SERVICE^ – Call before 5 pm and we’ll be there.
- HIGHLY-TRAINED – 700 Licensed Technicians
- COMPETITIVE – Monthly rental rates
- RELIABLE – Fast and Reliable Service
- NO CAPS – On the Number of Repairs
- PROTECTION – Parts and labor Coverage for repairs
- STABILITY – Of one of the largest Home Services Providers in North America
- SUPPORT CENTER – 24/7 ready to take your call
- TRANSFERABLE – To the next owner should you sell your home
We are committed to providing competitive rental rates, consistent and reliable service and striving, every day, to delight our customers.
* If existing venting or piping is not suitable for installation or if changes are required to meet gas code requirements, additional installation and material costs will apply and are payable by the customer.
** Some limitations apply in the following circumstances: i) if damage is caused by customers, ii) repairs are necessary because of use for which the water heater was not intended, iii) if water heater requires flushing, de-liming or other repairs from hard water conditions, or iv) where venting or piping requires cleaning, repair or replacement.
^Available to Direct Energy rental water heater customers whose equipment is not operational (i.e. – no hot water). On average Direct Energy attends to furnace, air conditioner or water heater non-operational calls 90% of the time the same day.