Top 5 Quick Hints and Tips a Duct Cleaning may be required
1. Pull up a vent cover and look inside. This is the easiest way to see the dirt and debris that builds up in the registers.
2. Look at the return air registers. If there is a buildup of dust and dirt this is an indicator that a Duct Cleaning is required.
3. Pull the filter. Judging from the condition of the filter that could be a tell tale sign a Duct Cleaning is required.
4. When you have a furnace maintenance, your technician will tell you about the condition of the furnace compartment. Large amounts of dust and dirt in the motor, fan and components could mean you need a duct cleaning.
5. A plugged and dirty AC coil is a sign the filter is not working and a Duct Cleaning might be required.