For everyone who has been following my blog for the last few years, you’ll know I’ve mentioned how dangerous carbon monoxide is.
But did you know…
- that Carbon Monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning in Ontario every year.
- thousands of people each year require medical treatment because of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
- 80% of all Carbon Monoxide deaths and injuries occur in homes.
- more than 50 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning in Canada, including 11 on average in Ontario.
Also, if you didn’t already know it’s now the law to have carbon monoxide detectors in your home if you have any fuel fired appliances, fireplaces or an attached garage. See here for a full FAQ on the new law.
Stay safe this winter.